Somerset Prepared is a multi-agency partnership working closely with communities to deliver advice, support and training to help enhance local resilience to emergencies. The partnership is made up of many organisations able to provide advice, guidance and support to help you develop local initiatives that enhance resilience to emergencies.
Our aim is to promote and support community resilience across Somerset by:
- Raising awareness of local risk within Somerset amongst partners, communities and businesses;
- Providing advice, guidance and support to locally led community resilience initiatives;
- Providing resilience networking and information sharing platforms for community groups through meetings, events and supporting technology;
- Supporting partner agencies in delivery of community resilience initiatives; and
- Sharing information and coordinating activity between member organisations.
Our full membership includes:
- Avon & Somerset Police
- British Red Cross
- Community Council for Somerset
- Community Representatives
- Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service
- Environment Agency (Joint Chair)
- Rotary International
- Safe South West (Treasurer)
- Somerset Local Authorities Civil Contingencies Partnership (Joint Chair & Secretariat)
- Somerset Rivers Authority
- South Western Ambulance Service
- SPARK Somerset
Additional organisations delivering local projects such as charities, voluntary agencies and utility providers are invited and encouraged to do so in coordination with the partnership.
For more information on the work we do please follow the links below. For tips and advice on developing local initiatives see our Get Involved pages. You can also visit our YouTube channel for videos on how you can be prepared.