Malicious threats include actions like terrorism and organised crime, and details are often sensitive. While attacks in the UK are rare, recent events in Manchester and London highlight the very real threat faced in the UK.
- Watch this short Stay Safe film on actions to take in the event of an attack
- For guidance on the threat posed in the UK, visit the National Counter Terrorism Security Office website
- Download the CitizenAID app for iOS, Android and Windows for step-by-step advice to help if you’re directly affected by an incident
Remember: If you are faced with the threat of an incident follow these simple steps:
- Run to a place of safety. This is a far better option than to surrender or negotiate. If there’s nowhere to go, then…
- Hide. It’s better to hide than to confront. Remember to turn your phone to silent and turn off vibrate. Barricade yourself in if you can. Then finally and only when it’s safe to do so…
- Tell the police by calling 999